Friday, July 31, 2009

What color should I paint my living room walls?

My couch and chair that match are both a very pale brown called "ash brown." I have an accent chair that is purple, like a dark lavender color. My curtains are kind of beige with slate-blue and purple flowers. My tv center is dark brown and my coffee/side tables are dark brown metal with glass tops.





Right now I have light lavender walls with a purple accent wall, but the walls look terrible with the couch. I was thinking of doing a trendy but fairly neutral green for all the walls instead. Any specific color ideas or suggestions? I'm going to get the sears easy living paint as it's really wonderful for one-coating.

What color should I paint my living room walls?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the "painted" rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I suggest a muted yellow like "Harvester" (# 6373). It will contrast the purple %26amp; look truly stunning.
Reply:If you want your couch to go with your walls then see if you can match a pantone or paint color to your couch color.   Then look at a color wheel at the paint section to see what colors go with your couch color.   I am sure some greens will be in there, but you might see some other colors in there that you did not think about.   If you have to, take a pillow from your couch with you to the paint section to find the color chip that is the same as your couch.  



tax credit

No comments:

Post a Comment