Friday, July 31, 2009

Looking for a climbing rose, red, doesn't have to be thornless but no high maintenance, and little winter prep

To begin I want to tell you I don't have any gardening experience.





I have a trellis on my house wall about 6ft by 12 ft and I want to have a climbing rose that's red and I really want one that has many flowers and a long blooming season (if that's what its called for the period of the flowers blosoming). I don't really mind if they're thornless, and i would prefer if I could cut of a flower form time to time without doing harm (to give to people or make it look nice around the house).





I guess it would be nice if the heads I cut off could have some stem, like atleast 2 - 3 inches.





I know, I'm really specific. Also, I guess I wouldnt mind preppping it for winter, just that I live in king city, so it will get cold.





In general, during spring and summer there is good light the whole day, no wind where this would be growing.





If there isn't something like what I've said, the first things I could change would be the color, so if you find pink or white matching this, it'd be good

Looking for a climbing rose, red, doesn't have to be thornless but no high maintenance, and little winter prep
most claiming roses I found are pink or yellow, however I did find one that is medium red,semi double blooms in large clusters. blooms repeatedly and has a spicy fragrance. canes reach 7 to 10 feet. It is a Canadian rose and good for zone 3. contact "high country roses" 1-8---552-2082 or email roses@easylink.com. they have many varieties and I have several of them. Try high country roses on the net
Reply:There are hundreds of red climbing roses, My favourite is "Dublin Bay" have a look at this UK site for ideas for Red Climbing Roses


http://www.classicroses.co.uk/roses/colo...


I never had any experience when I first started gardening, made a lot of mistakes learnt from them and kept going


A lot of Nurseries/Garden centre run sessions on Rose care etc , if they are available they are well worth it, or just visit local Nurserie/Garden centre and ask for advice


My garden is down to only 30 roses but keeps me out of trouble



genealogy mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment