Friday, July 31, 2009

Wangaci ...............by Keith M?

She was an artist


The kind who walk around with a flower in their hair.


Her pace was music,


Her scent was freshly ground flowers


Her eyes were freshly ground coffee.





She asked me what I did,


I told her I was also an artist


But my drawings were in words


So she smiled and drew a picture of me


And I promised I would do the same,


In ink.





I could tell she loved the wind


Because she came and went with it


And like it left a cool hollow feeling behind


She gave strokes to my lines for sometime


And I had grown fond of her


With her touch!who wouldn’t.


Petal fingers-I used to call them





She said she would come back


And so I still wait for her.


Like writings on the seashore,


Days fade away.


But like writing on a cave wall


My hope is here to stay.

Wangaci ...............by Keith M?
Poignant, plaintive, beautiful. I do hope she returns!



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment